The Members ombudsman is a single person body that is independent from the club, and whose role is to cater for, assess and defend the rights of members in relation to the Club, and also to maintain and update the membership list. This person’s functions are:
- Resolve claims addressed by members.
- Attend with right to speak, all meetings of the Disciplinary Commission.
- Resolve any conflicts that arise between the members and the Board of directors.
- Inform the Board of directors of any suggestions considered relevant.
Club members may request the intervention of the Ombudsman whenever they feel this would be appropriate by presenting their claims and suggestions either in writing or in person to the office of the Members ombudsman, at the Seu Social, access 14 or 15, or by regular mail (Av. Arístides Maillol, s/n 08028 Barcelona), or by phone or fax (934963778).
The claim or suggestion may also be sent by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, but must be ratified afterwards. This ratification is not necessary when using an electronic signature.
The document must be signed, must be clear and concise, and must state:
- Name and surname(s) and telephone number of the person formulating the same.
- The circumstances behind the claim and any other circumstances that may be of interest.
- The motive being opposed, plus a brief explanation of any actions taken against it, and also attaching all documentation that may be of interest.
- If requesting a meeting, this must be indicated in the written document.
The Ombudsman’s office is open from 8:30 to 13:30 and from 14:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Thursday and on Fridays from 9:00 to 15:00.